sexta-feira, 6 de setembro de 2013

California Diary

First part – San Francisco

Why am I here in San Francisco/CA?

I decided to come here and improve my  English. I worked for 11 years in a Brazilian company and because of that, I didn't have many opportunities to speak in English. So I thought … why not study a little more, but with English native speakers? So, I’m here…. I chose California ‘cause the weather is good at this time and San Francisco ‘cause I always want to know this city. And believe me or not, a 4 weeks course here is cheaper than one in Brasil.... and the miles program helped a lot !!!!
Besides study for 4 weeks in an intensive course (morning&evening class), I’ll be living here, which means that I’ll talk to people, buy things, ask for things, listen to the music , watch TV and read in English almost all day long. So I think I've got the real chance to improve my English and who knows, find a better job in the future? ;-)
We (me and André) decided to rent a house, instead of staying in a hotel, just to have the experience of living here, dealing with the everyday stuff, cooking, cleaning …. Just like resident people do. And it's cheaper than stay in a hotel. So, we looked for a studio/apt  in www.airbnb.com and found this one, in 645 Stockton Street. It was a little bit difficult to find, but finally, here we are. The apt. is near the school, so I can get there by walking. The classes  begin on 09/09/13 and I’m very happy. It's and old dream … First,  I didn't have the money to do it. After, I didn't have free time. Now I've got THE chance. Every day I’ll try to write a note about what happened, like a diary. It will be a kind of “homework” and maybe, a way to remember this time for the rest of my life …. And if  know English, feel free to correct me . Will be helpful !

Tradução Google
Por que eu estou aqui em San Francisco / CA?

Eu decidi vir aqui e melhorar o meu Inglês. Eu trabalhei por 11 anos em uma empresa brasileira e, por isso, não tive muitas oportunidades para falar em Inglês. Então eu pensei ... por que não estudar um pouco mais, mas com falantes nativos de inglês? Então, eu estou aqui .... Eu escolhi a Califórnia porque o tempo está bom neste momento, e San Francisco, porque eu sempre quis conhecer esta cidade. E acreditem ou não, um curso de 4 semanas aqui é mais barato do que um no Brasil .... e o programa de milhas ajudou muito!!
Além do estudo de 4 semanas em um curso intensivo (aulas manha/tarde), eu vou estar morando aqui, o que significa que eu vou falar com as pessoas, comprar coisas, pedindo coisas, ouvindo música, assistindo TV e lendo em Inglês quase todo o dia. Então, eu acho que eu tenho a chance real de melhorar o meu Inglês e quem sabe, encontrar um emprego melhor no futuro? ;-)
Nós (eu e André) decidimos alugar uma casa, em vez de ficar em um hotel,  para ter a experiência de viver aqui, lidando com as coisas de todos os dias, cozinhar, limpar .... Assim como as pessoas residentes fazem. E é mais barato do que ficar em um hotel. Então, nós buscamos um estúdio / apt em www.airbnb.com e encontramos este, em 645 Stockton Street. Foi um pouco difícil de encontrar, mas enfim, aqui estamos nós. O apt. é perto da escola, para que eu possa chegar lá a pé. As aulas começam em 09/09/13 e estou muito feliz. É um antigo sonho ... Primeiro eu não tinha o dinheiro para fazê-lo. Depois, eu não tinha tempo. Agora eu tenho a chance. Todos os dias eu vou tentar escrever uma nota sobre o que aconteceu, como um diário. Será uma espécie de "lição de casa" e, talvez, uma maneira de lembrar deste momento  para o resto da minha vida .... E se você sabe Inglês, sinta-se livre para me corrigir.  Estará me ajudando !

Nenhum comentário: